[MUD-Dev] Re: stuff that makes me leave (was Re: In game bulletin...)

Katrina McClelan kitkat at the486.bradley.edu
Mon Jun 15 17:28:53 CEST 1998

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Richard Woolcock wrote:

> I think it said it came up to your waist...not sure.  I went to check but:

[snip combat]

Ouch, kinda sucks to get that outgunned by stuff like that.

> I once played an (aptly named) sillymud, which was actually a
> really good mud - except that my vampire mage couldn't kill anything.  At
> level 3 I was killed by a plump turkey in the main street, and that really
> felt wrong.  Killed by a huge monster, sure...killed by a group of orcs, fair
> enough...

Sounds like SillyMud.  My rewrite is essentially "I like some of the
features of SillyMud, but alot of it is, well, silly, so I think I'll
write my own that makes more sense."

> but to be killed by a plump turkey???  It wasn't even Christmas!

I don't know whether to respond "gobble gobble" or "ho ho ho".

-Kat