[MUD-Dev] Re: Is worse better?

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 16 23:15:58 CEST 1998

On 16 Jun 98, Katrina McClelan wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, J C Lawrence wrote:
>
> > Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses.
>
> Interesting way to refer to them.  I guess that makes Windows 95 a
> new birth defect that we're still trying to find a cure for?  :)

Well yeah, sort of.   It's a genetic mutation that is a further step
on the chain of OS evolution.  Kind of like a transition from homo
erectus to homo sapiens neanderthalis.  While erectus used simple and
blunt tools, neanderthalis used more complex assemblies of tools.
Erectus never did find a cure for these "birth defects".   :P

--
--/*\ Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD     Internet:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com /*\--
--/*\ Mud Server Developer's Page <http://www.netcom.com/~jlsysinc> /*\--