[MUD-Dev] Re: the why of online worlds.

cat cat at bga.com
Mon Jun 29 21:52:31 CEST 1998

Mike Sellers wrote:
> Personally, I believe that viewing online worlds as mere entertainment
or
> commerce is missing the much larger, more important picture. I've said
in
> other contexts that fundamentally, I believe the Internet will prove to
be
> either the next locus of human colonization, or the biggest waste of
time
> in history -- to a large degree, it is up to us to decide by way of what
> products and services we provide.

I think you presume too much - and not enough.  Not enough in that the
"colonization" is only the first step, we're evolving into a big world-
mind
where each of us is like one big neuron.  The Internet is a bunch of the
important connective neural tissue.  Too much in that it's not up to us,
we'll get the good thing and not the huge waste of time thing no matter
what.  All we can determine is how soon and who gets the fame and
glory for it.  :X)

*
   Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions      ||       Free alpha test: