[MUD-Dev] Re: Multi-Server games

Vadim Tkachenko vt at freehold.crocodile.org
Mon Jun 29 23:44:59 CEST 1998

MH wrote:

> Just keep the player/object on the original server until the new server
> verifies that it has taken possession of the player/object.  Something
> along the lines of:
>
> The international highway:
>
> You see a signpost here, marking where Bubbaland leaves off and
> Boffoworld begins.

Maybe a silly question, but I haven't found the reasonable solution yet:

OK, you have the multiple servers and distributed world now, but where
do you connect to next time, after you've crossed the world borders?

There are at least two possible answers:

- Keep the entry point the same and just route the requests to the
remote world, thus increasing overhead
- Change the entry point, complicating the client (which may not allow
it at all, like applet)

Any comments?

--
Still alive and smile stays on,