[MUD-Dev] World Persistence, flat files v/s DB v/s ??

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sun Mar 22 16:30:15 CET 1998

On 22 Mar 98 at 12:17, Ben Greear wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Greg Munt wrote:
>

> > I'm not sure of the advantages of binary flat files over ASCII ones. I
> > would certainly advise the use of a cache, however. (Something which that
> > TinyMUD never used.)
>
> I'm definaly not going to write a custom caching mechanism...much easier
> and probably better to use the OS.

No. I don't beleive so.  Nathan and JC have posted extensively
on this topic and are probably better equipped to argue it.  Of
course, maybe they've only convinced myself. ;)

<<hint>> Anyone care to reprise these posts.

--
--/*\ Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD     Internet:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com /*\--
--/*\ Mud Server Developer's Page <http://www.netcom.com/~jlsysinc> /*\--