[MUD-Dev] Jukebox

Vadim Tkachenko vt at freehold.crocodile.org
Mon Mar 23 21:25:23 CET 1998

J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:06:40 PST8PDT
> Vadim Tkachenko<vt at freehold.crocodile.org> wrote:
>
> > So, Jukebox is a code name for a reusable client/server framework
> > architecture of mine, for which I have the Java implementation,
> > though it's not limited to Java (that was just the favorite
> > instrument, nothing more).
>
> While not really an attempt to solve the same problem, have you looked
> at ACE?
>
>   http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html

No, just because I didn't know about it - thanks for pointing out.

It's much more complicated than Jukebox, and the design motivation seems
to be different - for me, it was just sort of a side effect - I
eventually got tired from rewriting the same code again and again.

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <vt at freehold.crocodile.org>
--
UNIX _is_ user friendly, he's just very picky about who his friends are