[MUD-Dev] META: Broken mail headers

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Tue Mar 31 15:30:14 CEST 1998

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 23:09:19 PST8PDT
Chris Gray<cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA> wrote:

> My editor will convert sequences of 2 or more spaces into a TAB if
> they end on an 8 column boundary. That's the default mode for each
> buffer, and can be changed manually. So, I don't think I'm causing
> the problem, but may be contributing by occasionally turning
> multiple spaces into tabs.

You may be pleased to know that the new list software will not have
the same sensitivity.  It will correctly process quite variant
Subject: formats, massaging them back into cannonical form.

The web-based archives are cute too -- if bloody frustrating to get
working the way I'd like.  (Yes, I hate, loathe, and despise perl --
how anybody could consider this monstrosity to ever be fit for
anything but producing mass-murdering necrophiliac psychotics and
other less savoury loonies is beyond me. (Go python!))

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com