[MUD-Dev] Re: PK and my "Mobless MUD" idea

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Fri May 1 14:38:34 CEST 1998

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 22:13:57 -0700
John Bertoglio<alexb at internetcds.com> wrote:

> However, when you drill down inside a meta area, I think the
> traditional mud room concept works well. I don't want to be
> constrained by reality if it gets into the way of game play and
> world building. Say a town has 100 player dwellings. If you mapped
> it out carefully, you would find that the town's walls were
> full. Pop up a menu and, poof, there are now 50 more homes inside
> the same space. (Bad example, but you get the idea).

Do a hunt thru the archives and dig out the various posts I mad about
coordinate systems and nested domains.  Essentially I have a model
which allows for recusrively nested coordinate systems with define
border mapping between systems.  It works rather nicely.

I'll try and dig up the relevant posts and re-discuss if there's
interest.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com

MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.