[MUD-Dev] Re: How to handle log-outs in a totally dynamic world.

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Thu May 14 18:01:59 CEST 1998

On Mon, 11 May 1998 19:15:47 -0700
Richard Woolcock<KaVir at dial.pipex.com> wrote:

> Ben Greear wrote:

>> I am going to try the model where the players are always in the
>> game, even when logged out.  There will be safer spots than others
>> to stow your craft and belongings, but nothing is guaranteed.

> How about stasis booths in a space station?

First thought:

  Ooo!  Bubba dropped himself into a stasis box.  I wonder what
happens if I drop it into the sun?  Oh, I can't get the box out of the
station?  I wonder what happens when I drop the whole station into the
sun?  If I nose my ship against the station and just push for long
enough...

Mechanical address: All ships approaching station are instantly docked
-- you can't "push" a station.  But what happens if I push an asteroid
into a station?

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com

MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.