[MUD-Dev] Re: How to handle log-outs in a totally dynamic world.

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Thu May 14 23:44:01 CEST 1998

On Thu, 14 May 1998, J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998 19:15:47 -0700
> Richard Woolcock<KaVir at dial.pipex.com> wrote:
>
> > Ben Greear wrote:
>
> >> I am going to try the model where the players are always in the
> >> game, even when logged out.  There will be safer spots than others
> >> to stow your craft and belongings, but nothing is guaranteed.
>
> > How about stasis booths in a space station?
>
> First thought:
>
>   Ooo!  Bubba dropped himself into a stasis box.  I wonder what
> happens if I drop it into the sun?  Oh, I can't get the box out of the
> station?  I wonder what happens when I drop the whole station into the
> sun?  If I nose my ship against the station and just push for long
> enough...

Bubba will most definately be fried to a hydro-carbon crisp!

> Mechanical address: All ships approaching station are instantly docked
> -- you can't "push" a station.  But what happens if I push an asteroid
> into a station?

What is a station, but a large ship, if I have a large, or larger one,
then I can probably push it :)  An asteroid would definately do it,
especially if I have already weakened or destroyed the main drives.

Of course, other ppl, friends or partners of the station might
object...could get quite interesting! :)

> --
> J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
> (Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
> ---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com
> ...Honourary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...
>
> --
> MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.

Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444
http://www.primenet.com/~greear/ScryMUD/scry.html

--
MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.