[MUD-Dev] Re: OT: Java multithreading test source

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Sat May 23 12:18:13 CEST 1998

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Jon A. Lambert wrote:

> Here are my results in graphic format running Vadim's Java thread
> test program.

And mine:

Cyrix 150 Mhz, Linux 2.0.30, 64 MB RAM.
Jdk 1.1.3 (No JIT that I know of.)

The first 400 or so threads had lag at around 20.

After that, it climbed steadily.

I finally got a null pointer exception from the Logger at
around 750 threads.  After that, it started a few more threads
then it just kinda stopped doing anything.

The CPU was maxed out for most of this time btw.

I eventually hit Ctrl-C...

Gonna try it on my other PC next...

Ben

> My thoughts:

Need a Pentium II for sure... :)

Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444
http://www.primenet.com/~greear/ScryMUD/scry.html