[MUD-Dev] Re: Terrain/Landmass & GIF/BMP

Dominic J. Eidson sauron at morannon.kdi.com
Wed Oct 28 17:58:05 CET 1998

I have been looking into using imagemaps as height fields on the basis of
creating a "wilderness" for a while. In my search for ways how to do this,
I came across John Olsson's page on fractal generated landscape(s).

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~johol/fwmg/fwmg.html

The page has a CGI interface to a fractal "world generator", and also has
links to the source code of both the CGI and non-CGI version. There are
also links to other people's fractal generators.

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                         "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli