[MUD-Dev] Re: Windows->Linux TCP/IP stack performance problems

Vadim Tkachenko vt at freehold.crocodile.org
Thu Sep 10 20:32:09 CEST 1998

J C Lawrence wrote:

[skipped]

> non-RFC OS     sends http request.
> Linux          sends the first segment and waits for an ACK.
> non-RFC OS     waits 200ms for the seconds segment.
> non-RFC OS     gives up and sends ACK.
> Linux          sends more data...

Probably OT, but happens often enough to mention (I guess, since NT
4.0): I've observed a very annoying behavior with Samba when Linux box
works perfectly as a server and lags enormously as a client (when the
SMB shares are mounted). It may be related to this problem, too.

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <vt at freehold.crocodile.org>