[MUD-Dev] Re: META: What are you looking for in this list?

Tue Sep 22 23:27:37 CEST 1998

[J C Lawrence:]

 >purpose of the list: educational or research?

 >research: documenting the current state of the field.

All three for me. I like to hear what is out there, and what direction
people are going in. Sure, I feel more comfortable in some of the
technical discussions, but I also read some (not all) of the RP
and social stuff.

An earlier post alluded to the possibility of new members feeling a
bit overwhelmed by some of the folks who have been around for a long
time, and by the sheer size of the archives. Well folks, you're not
alone. I've been here for a coon's age, and still feel awed by some
of the obvious qualities of many contributors. But, as is my habit,
I tend to ignore such things. But then, I talk to janitors as readily
as I talk to bigwigs.

--
Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA