[MUD-Dev] Re: Medievia

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Wed Sep 23 11:55:43 CEST 1998

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Koster, Raph wrote:
> [stuff about Medievia]
> Why? All of these players can't be wrong... Anyone familiar enough with
> what it has become to be able to give an analysis?

I lump its success into the same category as that of America Online or
Microsoft.  Take an incredibly accessable product and invoke a huge amount
of hyper-aggressive marketing on it, and you'll gain a large user base.
>From there you don't have to do much of anything, as large user bases
automatically attract yet more users.

If you're out to make as much money as possible this is probably a good
route.  Personally, I find such routes extremely hollow, and such success
unsatisfying at best.

Adam