[MUD-Dev] Re: Ugh, IS Diablo a mud?

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 26 00:06:52 CEST 1998

On 26 Sep 98, Kylotan wrote:

> I don't think there is much point trying to argue 'Game X isn't a
> mud, whereas Game Y is, because...'.  With the variety in 'accepted'
> muds, we have enough criteria to call just about anything a mud, if
> we wanted, or vice versa.
>
> So maybe it is a question of 'How 'mudlike' is game X?'  Now, not
> many muds will fit -all- the criteria, but most will fit a large
> proportion of them.  I propose the following, but I am sure you
> could add to this.

A much better question to ask, is why is there such a strong desire
to refine a criterion carefully crafted to insure specific games and
servers like Quake, C&C, Diablo and the habitats remain on the
fringes of mud-dom?

Based on these very simple criterion alone, the majority of the posts
on this list are coming from persons who are not programming muds. ;)

--
--/*\ Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD     Internet:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com /*\--
--/*\ Mud Server Developer's Page <http://www.netcom.com/~jlsysinc> /*\--