[MUD-Dev] Re: Autogenerated room descriptions

Richard Woolcock KaVir at nospam.dial.pipex.com
Wed Sep 30 19:32:12 CEST 1998

Nathan F Yospe wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, T. Alexander Popiel wrote:
>
> :The recent thread on room descriptions and senses leads me
> :to wonder: has anyone done any work with using the story
> :paraphrase AIs to autogenerate room descriptions from
> :individual elements?  It seems like that would satisfy
> :the craving for variant room descriptions quite nicely...
>
> Not sure what the story paraphrase AIs are, but I suspect it is similar,
> if not quite identical, to my aproach.

Could you recommend any good sources (books? websites?) for computer-
generated texts?  I've been fasinated by the subject ever since seeing
some of the results your mud was able to produce, but have been unable
to produce anything even closely resembling it on my own mud.  I'm
usually able to work out my own solutions, but I think I could really
do with some referance material on this one ;)

KaVir.