[MUD-Dev] Re[2]: [MUD-Dev] thoughts on game economies

Koster Koster
Mon Jun 14 11:28:51 CEST 1999

OK--this is pretty much a standard feature now on LPs using most major
mudlibs, and on all Diku-derived muds.

> If the character has the equipment still when he/she logs
> back on, that
> would qualify as "equipment saving" to me.  Ways of allowing something
> similar include storage lockers or saving equipment in
> character's homes.

Generally speaking, you see character persistence on muds before you see
lockers, houses, and other forms of object-in-the-world persistence (what I
call "middle layer.")

> Basically, it boils down to "will I need to go buy or find
> equipment again
> when I log in, or can I count on the equipment I had before
> still being
> there for me."

To be honest, though I know they still exist, I have never played a mud like
this. :)

-Raph

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu