[MUD-Dev] Graphical Mud Design

JT Herring sypes at vrgames.net
Fri Sep 3 22:46:15 CEST 1999

Hello everyone,
	My staff and I at a relatively unknown MUD (SotiMud.com - which is down
for some server revamps) have been discussing a major design change for our
current mud.  The current code is a Mythran derivative that we've changed
quite a bit internally.  We decided to go with a dual-interface system for
our new code - which I've already done the basic TCP/IP telnet connectivity
code. What we want is the option of playing with a graphical interface or
straight telnet.
	Now, the straight telnet I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do
codewise, but the graphical will require a client (obviously).  The problem
I have is I'm not real familiar with what is required for a graphical mud's
code.  I, by no means, am a professional programmer, so I'm pretty much
shooting in the dark as to what I need. Any hints/code fragments/good
advice/fortune cookie snippets/ideas would defiantly be appreciated.

Thanks,
JT

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu