[MUD-Dev] Player controller justice systems

Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Mon Apr 10 19:56:53 CEST 2000

Erik Jarvi wrote:
>Well...
>
>I started the article you ask me to write about Shattered World. ;)
>I am hoping to get back to it this week or next.
>
>Briefly, SW has a player run justice system.  There are laws, CFJ's (Calls
for
>Judgement), a constable, etc.  CFJ's for when someone believes a law has
been
>broken, then a Magistrate hears the case and delivers a judgement,
depending
>on the punishment the constable should be the one to enforce the judgement.

I would be very interested in hearing more about your justice system, do you
have a web page or anything that gives more details about it?

I'd be interested in seeing a bit of discussion about is how
well something like this might translate to a commercial game with
(hopefully) hundreds of thousands of players. :)

Travis Nixon