Gender Restrictions was Re: [MUD-Dev] Same-Sex Marriage

Jon Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 11 01:25:18 CEST 2000

Ananda Dawnsinger wrote:

>However, IMO there's no point in designing a suite of original* races and
>cultures without taking measures to preserve the distinctiveness of those
>races and cultures.  And marriage restrictions of some sort need to be part
>of those measures.  Otherwise the nature of each race will tend to slide
>rapidly toward "human," and you pretty much lose the benefits you gain from
>having original races -- a bolstered sense of identity and community (within
>the race as opposed to within the game), and an increased opportunity for
>drama and storytelling.  At least that's what I've observed.

Assuming one is willing to put in marriage restrictions based on culture
in order to preserve an environments unusual atmosphere, feeling or aura....

How many are willing to put in class, skill, and cultural restrictions based
on gender?
How many have implemented unusual combinations and number of
genders?
How many implement anything at all as a in-game consequence of
sexual behavior?

--
--*     Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD Email: jlsysinc at nospam.ix.netcom.com     *--
--*     Mud Server Developer's Page <http://jlsysinc.home.netcom.com>      *--