[MUD-Dev] Re: [Meta] other activities

Par Winzell zell at alyx.com
Tue Apr 11 12:19:14 CEST 2000

 > Our players are having a RL get-together in DC.  That's a pretty
 > frightening thought.  Anyone else ever go to a player gathering?  I mean,
 > for a small mud.  I try not to even meet the players in-game, unless they
 > don't know its me.  Not sure what to make of meeting them face-to-face.

Sure. My "home" Mud (IgorMud) has had them regularly for ten years
now -- there's one meet that's become the de-facto annual summer
meet, and then there's lots of little local get-togethers. Usually
about a hundred people show up for a weekend of camping, boozing,
schmoozing, bonfires, and other carnal activities. It's a couple
of interesting days; as with all things Mud, the people are eclectic
to say the least.

You might want to start playing a mortal character real fast and
go as it, though I've always felt that showing up as an admin is
a very good thing as well.

Par