[MUD-Dev] Re: [Meta] other activities

Dominic J. Eidson sauron at the-infinite.org
Tue Apr 11 14:13:31 CEST 2000

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Jeff Freeman wrote:

> Our players are having a RL get-together in DC.  That's a pretty
> frightening thought.  Anyone else ever go to a player gathering?  I mean,
> for a small mud.  I try not to even meet the players in-game, unless they
> don't know its me.  Not sure what to make of meeting them face-to-face.

At one point, World's End - a small-ish roleplaying mud that was based
down here in Austin for the longest time (now in the dfw area), had
several "gatherings" - generally at Double Dave's off of Riverside and
I-35 ... Wiz/Linda the main Admin would show up, and a bunch of the other
austinies, we'd eat, brag, talk.

I suspect this might spawn off another thread about player/staff
interaction - I'm curious why you try to not meet people in-game unless
they don't know it's you ... I have no problem interacting with them, and
seeing as there's generally no more than 2 admins logged in at a time (me
being one of them), there's little I can do about not talking to/meeting
people IC/in-game... Or maybe you weren't talking about player-and-admin
interaction at all...

Of the roughly 1000 players we have/that have been active the last 3
months - I've maybe met 10-20 - mostly because they used to go to college
with me...

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                        "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli