[MUD-Dev] Spawning and quests (was Sony ban)

Geoffrey Z. gzatkin at verant.com
Mon Apr 17 15:49:55 CEST 2000

> [Jeff Freeman]
> And maybe the overcrowding is too, I think, a part of the issue.  You
can't
> spawn the mob where people are not in EQ.  There are people *everywhere*.

    It will be interesting to see what happens when the expansion goes live,
and we expand the size of the world. See if spreading people out will
alleviate this - or see if people want to be spread out. Surprisingly, a lot
of people seem to like the "safe" environment that massive amounts of people
in the dungeon provide. Nothing like being able to yell for help and getting
rescued.

Geoffrey C. Zatkin