[MUD-Dev] MUME poll results (fwd)

Charles Hughes charles.hughes at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 26 15:46:10 CEST 2000

Eric Olsen wrote:
>Charles Hughes wrote:
>>>(Someone else wrote:)
>>I think (and I could easily be wrong) that muddle (mudlle?) was
>>created at MUME.

>>It's a derivative of Diku, so mud-like.
>
>Actually, I don't think there is any connection with Diku--MUDDLE
>is an interpreted MUD language developed specifically for MUD2,
>Richard Bartle's successor to the original MUD.  As I recall,
>his company (Muse) licenses the language to others for a hefty fee.

MUME is a diku derivative and mudlle was written for MUME.  See
http://mume.pvv.org/history.html    In this case mudlle is different
from Bartle's work.  I know they didn't license it.

And since I joined MUME in late 92 (not 91 like I thought, since it
didn't really exist :) I've been there almost from the beginning.
Scary.