[MUD-Dev] reaction to selling godhoods

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Thu Apr 27 02:13:04 CEST 2000

I posted something on our Elders newsboard asking them what the general
reaction to us selling godhoods is. I think their responses (I"ll post one
of them, which is along the same lines as the rest of them, just shorter)
should demonstrate a good lesson to some of you who can't IMAGINE anyone
thinking about muds differently than you. Here is one of the responses
(all of which have been favorable, as I mentioned). Apologies for the
run-on sentence, but I wanted to post verbatim:

----------------------------
I can completely understand your reasoning behind paying for Godhood, as a
mortal I am disappointed when a Divine Power arrives and strikes fervor in
the hearts of many of my friends, only to fade back into obscurity.

If you could get a few people to agree to the terms, I will be really
happy. But I myself am still planning on an Ascension someday.

Incidentally, I'm seriously considering turning the $3k payment into a
deposit, returnable in 1 rl year, provided we haven't decided to "fire"
you and you haven't "quit" (yes, I realize this technically gives us the
option to fire you right before the year is up, but if y ou're doing a
good job, it's not worth firing you for a measly 3k).

--matt