[MUD-Dev] moving advancement away from experience

Lee Sheldon linearno at gte.net
Thu Apr 27 11:24:25 CEST 2000

I would respectfully disagree.  It seems to be quite easy to determine
people who are role-playing well from those who aren't.  I don't think it
has much, if anything, to do with whether the PC is flamboyant or subtle.
Most people pick up on it very quickly, whether they themselves are heavily
role-playing, or aren't at all, and react accordingly.

> As someone who usually plays introverted characters, it seems unfair
> to me.  :-)

I'm not really writing pro or con RC, simply to say that I don't think you
have to worry.  Introvert or exctrovert, role-playing is pretty easy to
spot.  And abrasice or abusive players hiding behind the masks of
role-player get weeded out pretty quickly in most cases anyway, either by
admin intervention, or player ostricization.

Lee