[MUD-Dev] A footnote to Procedural Storytelling

Raph Koster rkoster at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 29 12:28:14 CEST 2000

Anyone remotely interested in this topic of itneractive storytelling has to
read Janet Murray's HAMLET ON THE HOLODECK. Amazon URL:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0262631873/qid=957029205/sr=1-1/102-2
455201-6723212
Paperback - 324 pages (1997)
MIT Press; ISBN: 0262631873 ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.78 x 8.95 x 6.00

Janet recently left MIT to work at Georgia tech alongside Dr Amy Bruckman of
MediaMOO fame.

Also, Chris Crawford is trying to get a conference giong on Interactive
Storytelling. Right now it is not multiplayer or single-player centric, is
invite only, and happens in his front yard. It's called Phrontisterion, I
went last year and don't know if I am going this year. Did I post the URL to
the conference ntoes already here? Well, in case I didn't:

http://www.erasmatazz.com/library/Miscellania/PhrontisterionReport.html

-Raph