[MUD-Dev] curses and grief players

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Wed Jul 19 08:40:51 CEST 2000

Accidentally snipped this part and failed to respond earlier:

Matthew Mihaly wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Greg Miller wrote:
> And having it controlled how, by voting among the players, is somehow
> better? I fail to see how that isn't case #2, as the players can simply
> change their minds at any time and on any case.

Indeed, but which turns you against a mud more as a player: when the
admins refuse to act/act in a way you dislike, or when players do? I
still play a wide variety of muds pretty often, and failings in admin
rules enforcement generates a lot more resentment.

Then again, all you have to do is check out the news sites and web
forums focusing on muds to see that.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/              http://www.indie-games.com/
Smarter than God? No, but I'm smarter than he was when he was my age.