[MUD-Dev] curses and grief players

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Jul 19 08:57:56 CEST 2000

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:40:51 -0500
Greg Miller <gmiller at classic-games.com> wrote:

> Indeed, but which turns you against a mud more as a player: when
> the admins refuse to act/act in a way you dislike, or when players
> do? I still play a wide variety of muds pretty often, and failings
> in admin rules enforcement generates a lot more resentment.

In one case there was a prior promise.  The admins by stating a rule
set or by not stating that a commonly assumed rule set did not apply
(doncha love being damned by assumption?) have made a promise to
their players that certain things will be true.  When they turn out
not to be true, its little wonder that players get upset.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder at kanga.nu
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/        Keys etc: finger claw at kanga.nu