[MUD-Dev] curses and grief players

Josh Olson jolson at micron.net
Fri Jul 21 00:00:17 CEST 2000

From: Greg Miller <gmiller at classic-games.com>

>jolsen at micron.net[sic] wrote:
>> It has been noted that players don't necessarily know what they want or
>> what would be in their best interest.  I know that in my first days of
>
>Neither do admins, really. The key is in having more than 50% right more
>than 50% of the time. In RL democracies and capitalist economies, people
>make stupid decisions, but such systems seem to work better than the
>alternatives.

In MUD terms I subscribe to the theory of the "benevolent dictator," the
person with absolute power and the absolute best interest of his "subjects"
at heart.  I'm not a poli-sci expert, but I've read that the benevolent
dictator is arguably the "best" form of government there is... until his
spoiled power-hungry children inherit the throne, that is.  :)

-Josh