[MUD-Dev] curses and grief players

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Sat Jul 22 11:22:30 CEST 2000

  Josh Olsen wrote:

> In MUD terms I subscribe to the theory of the "benevolent dictator," the
> person with absolute power and the absolute best interest of his "subjects"
> at heart.  I'm not a poli-sci expert, but I've read that the benevolent
> dictator is arguably the "best" form of government there is... until his
> spoiled power-hungry children inherit the throne, that is.  :)

For certain political aspects, yes. Even people who are smart and mean
well, of course, screw up all the time. That really has more negative
impact than the limited lifespan of the dictator. This is more
problematic in societies subject to rapid change than with a traditional
static mud world, of course.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/              http://www.indie-games.com/
Smarter than God? No, but I'm smarter than he was when he was my age.