[MUD-Dev] curses and grief players

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Sat Jul 22 11:51:09 CEST 2000

  darius at both.net.au wrote:

> Seriously, I'd be aiming for a game where the players make most of the
> decisions, but I think trying to kid yourself that (group * "the best
> interests of the individual") somehow equates out to "the best interests of
> the group" would be flying in the face of too much prior evidence - at the end

And yet we have so much prior evidence that majority rule *does* work
for this very reason... There are certainly significant differences
between muds and RL, but if you have a specific reason why this works in
RL and won't in a mud, I'd be glad to hear it.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/              http://www.indie-games.com/
Smarter than God? No, but I'm smarter than he was when he was my age.