[MUD-Dev] curses and grief players

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Sun Jul 23 13:46:49 CEST 2000

  Marian Griffith wrote:

> power over the mud. In PK muds on the other hand  powerful players have an
> almost absolute power over weaker players, and their decisions can destroy
> a mud (by driving other players away).

In some cases. That really depends on the power differential. IMHO,
those 50-to-1 power diffs that have been mentioned in the casual gamer
thread hurt attempts at player self-government as much as they do
attempts to get less dedicated players into the game.

Of course, PK has other problems when used as the only enforcement tool.
That's the main reason I brought up curses.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/              http://www.indie-games.com/
Smarter than God? No, but I'm smarter than he was when he was my age.