[MUD-Dev] Consistent Characters (Was Remote client connection)

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Sun Nov 26 20:58:56 CET 2000

On Sun 19 Nov, John W Pierce wrote:
>> From: "Marian Griffith" <gryphon at iaehv.nl>

(I did not actually write this. I believe it was by Mordengaard)
>> By removing classes but keeping player-run Guilds in place,
>> what we're hoping to achieve is player-regulated "classes"...

> Yes, I think this is the correct idea, though it requires somewhat more real
> role playing than a lot of players seem to be capable of.

Which was the reason I commented that game designers might consider
putting a bit more firm restrictions on what a certain class like a
paladin can, and can not, do.  I am not claiming that it is a good,
(or a bad !), solution.  In a game  that is not particularly geared
towards roleplaying  you will have to resort to solutions  that are
not either. There it is primarily a matter of balancing, and not of
suspension of disbelief.  Most players on such games would not care
either way,  as long as the restriction is reasonably in line  with
accepted traditions.

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,