[MUD-Dev] Are eBay sales more than just a fad?

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed Sep 13 16:29:43 CEST 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Timothy Dang wrote:

> There's many other ways to make the selling of items still profitable, but
> inoffensive. As I gather, Simutronics has a history of selling events,
> such as weddings. They can justify this partially by the truly increased
> admin costs, and also because it's a special thing which doesn't tip the
> balance of power. Achaea (sorry, never sure if I spell that right) sells
> items, but as I understand (Matt, is this right?) those items are never
> enough to significantly alter the balance of power, and are identifiable
> as bought items rather than in-game-acquired items.

That is correct. The items are easily identifiable as bought items, and
they are not powerful enough to make you an Uber-character (though if you
spend a few thousand on items, you are definitely going to be more
powerful than the average person with your skills and level. The
cumulative effect is definitely there.)

--matt