[MUD-Dev] Are eBay sales more than just a fad?

Jeff Freeman skeptack at antisocial.com
Wed Sep 20 08:46:35 CEST 2000

At 02:50 PM 9/19/00 -0400, Phinehas wrote:

> Certainly a pastime *can* be based more on money than skill, and I would
think
> that it is a stretch to call such a pursuit a game.

That seems like a really strange way to make the distinction.

Isn't player-skill all client-side anyway?  What happened to "never trust
the client"?

Sounds like you're saying that if we DON'T trust the client (base the game
mostly on player skill), then it isn't a game.

--
  http://home.swbell.net/skeptack/