[MUD-Dev] Re: Majestic (was The Sims Online)

Matt Mihaly the_logos at www.achaea.com
Fri Apr 6 05:36:15 CEST 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Lee Sheldon wrote:

> Ack, Jonathan.  My first post on the list in response to one of
> yours, and I agree with you completely.  I'm shaken.  My first
> reaction to Majestic was, "Cell phones?  Pagers?  Are they crazy?"
> I kept this reaction to mself however, as the other people nearby
> were ooing and ahing like cows who had just discovered a fresh patch
> of clover.

> But why would I want more noise (in a figurative sense) in my real
> life?  I escape to games, and when I'm sated, I escape back to real
> life.  I don't want games chasing me around like a dental office
> reminding me I have an appointment.  But that could just be me.  I
> refuse to wear a pager, and only have a cell phone in my car for
> emergencies.  Maybe some people will welcome an intrusion that
> -isn't- the dentist or the boss.  Of course you may have many and
> sundry other reasons why you think Majestc is DOA.  I'd love to hear
> 'em. :)

Personally, I am quite looking forward to playing Majestic. Aside from
anything else, it sounds like quite a novel experience! I don't like
being bothered on my cell phone generally, but if they do the episodic
plots well, I think I could really start to look forward to the next
time Majestic phones me to involve me in a story. Maybe I have too
much time on my hands, I dunno.

In any case though, believe that some of us are excited about it.

--matt