[MUD-Dev] Re: Majestic (was The Sims Online)

Matt Mihaly the_logos at www.achaea.com
Sun Apr 8 07:26:08 CEST 2001

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Baron, Jonathan wrote:

> My problems with Majestic involve my opinions as a developer, and my
> bias when it comes to what I consider the most important strengths
> of the medium.  I am strictly a "it's about the community" bigot
> <g>.  Could it be fun?  No doubt.  Will it advance the medium?
> That's the question on my mind, plus, as I said, it may prove
> impossible to release.

Fill me in on the massively multiplayer aspect of it? It didn't sound
to me like that aspect of it was central to the game, which isn't a
bad thing. A game doesn't have to be either single player or
completely focused on the community aspect to be fun, I think. There's
certainly a range in there.

--matt