[MUD-Dev] Review of Galactic Emperor: Succession in LumTheMad's Forums

Ling Lo ling.lo at wireless-interactive.com
Tue Apr 24 15:33:53 CEST 2001

[Christopher Allen] 23. april 2001 19:38:

> We released an early beta of "Galactic Emperor: Succession" this
> month, and an early review has been posted in the LumTheMad forums
> by one of our players at

>   http://pub61.ezboard.com/fltmforumsfrm10.showMessage?topicID=6.topic

> As GE:S this is a very different kind of online game (what we call a
> "stage") you might be interested in reading it.

Nice.  Precisely the sort of thing I would dabble around in.  However,
I'd also no longer class it as a mud. :) The lack of persistency makes
it so.  It reminds me of Verant's Infantry, just different timescale.
It's worth noting that the PBM community would take interest in your
game but not Infantry.  The boundaries blur.  I admit I skim over
details but I've always been a vague guy.

Should this sort of game appear in mud-dev?  I don't know.  However, I
am interested in hearing how you will deal with (if you consider them
in need of dealing with) d00ds in the game.

Ling