[MUD-Dev] d20

SeronisROTv3 at aol.com SeronisROTv3 at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 00:32:44 CEST 2001

jfreeman at verant.com writes:

> According to the FAQ, you can't use the d20 system to create an
> "Interactive Game".

>     http://www.wizards.com/D20/article.asp?x=dt20010417d

>     Q: Does the definition of an "Interactive Game" preclude me
>     from creating an online RPG, MUD, MUSH, MOO, etc.?

>     A: Yes

Ok question..  doesnt this lisence just limit what you're creating
if you plan on using the D20 logo or mention D&D as a source?  I've
wrote 2 mud code bases that in almost every detail used the d20
system exactly in calculating all combat modifyers and that was even
before i knew Wizards owned the system.  So does that make my
previous two games illegal or does it just mean i cant put the d20
logo on them?

Seronis  aka
Mike Estepp
ICQ 43442042