TECH: STL / Heaps, etc. (was: [MUD-Dev] TECH DGN: a few mud server design questions (long))

Kwon Ekstrom justice at softhome.net
Mon Aug 6 02:03:25 CEST 2001

From: "Ling Lo" <ling at slimy.com>

> While I'm here, can any recommend a book for Java that goes beyond
> hype, webpages, applets and all things trivial?

I've found the sun website tutorials at java.sun.com to be quite
handy.  Most of the tutorials are oriented towards a begining java
programmer, but you can find some very advanced stuff there as well.

http://www.javaolympus.com/ has some good information as well.  As for a
book, I find that java in a nutshell is my favorite java resource.  It
contains alot of specifcation information in it's first chapters and a basic
api.  The actual API documentation that you download from the sun site is
generally more up to date, but for the other information, the book works
well.

These are all "general" java resources, so if there's something
specifc you need information on, you'll need to find something
dedicated to it.

-- Kwon Ekstrom