[MUD-Dev] d20

Travis Casey efindel at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 6 09:09:47 CEST 2001

Monday, August 06, 2001, 12:08:45 AM, Michael Tresca wrote:
> Jeff Freeman posted on Thursday, August 02, 2001 7:10 PM

>> According to the FAQ, you can't use the d20 system to create an
>> "Interactive Game".

> Except for NeverWinter Nights, of course. Although one wonders
> about the other systems (FUDGE, etc.).

Well, I've already noted (as has someone else) that the restriction
is not on the system itself, but on using WotC's "d20 System"
trademarks.  However, even that only applies to doing the "automatic
licensing" of the "d20 System Trademark License".  There's nothing
that prevents anyone from approaching WotC and asking permission --
it's just that the automatic license they've set up doesn't allow
you to do it.

--
Travis Casey
efindel at earthlink.net