[MUD-Dev] Something in the water

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Mon Aug 6 15:45:37 CEST 2001

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Sparrowhawk wrote:
> Matt Mihaley wrote:

>> I'm working on a project where player advancement is entirely
>> based on RP (its stricly a RP based game, admittedly). All
>> players are able to vote for another player (once a week, but not
>> for the person you voted last week). These votes, and submitted
>> logs are used to hand out points which can be used for character
>> advancement (training, which is also Roleplayed, with coded
>> support systems).

>> The server will include the capability to log sessions (for those
>> whose clients can't), and logging of RP (in order to produce
>> chronicles, and so forth) will be heavily encouraged.

>> In short, the system for RP-Rewards will be largely playerdriven,
>> and admin supported, which to me, seems the way to go.

> What about those players that dont quite "fit" into other clicks?
> Does this setup a dangerous abilitity for the players to outcast
> those they dont like? Or is this how you want it..

Just a note: The above quote is not attributed correctly. I did not
write it.

--matt

<EdNote: My Bad.  The original post was unattributed (as well as
having new text above old) but quoted a .signature for "Matt" in
close to the same style that Matt Mihaley uses ("-Matt" vs
"--matt").  I manually mis-attributed it to Matt Mihaley rather than
Matt Chatterly when I sent it through to the list.  Sorry.>