TECH: STL / Heaps, etc. (was: [MUD-Dev] TECH DGN: a few mudse rver design questions (long))

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Wed Aug 8 10:52:21 CEST 2001

Take a look at STLPort. Its more compliant, and orders of magnitude
faster on some operations (strings are about 5 times faster I
believe). It also drops into DevStudio without any trouble. Its also
properly cross platform I believe so it should be easily portable -
which is nice when you see how MS had to fudge to get locales
working properly (*ahem* macros).

I think it might restore your faith.

Dan