[MUD-Dev] MojoWorld, or a new product for generated content

Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt hhs at cbs.dtu.dk
Tue Aug 28 12:17:32 CEST 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Bruce Mitchener wrote:

> This is full of hype and all that, but might be cool.

>  From their website http://www.pandromeda.com/:

> --- begin quote ---
> The MojoWorld^(TM) Parallel Universe

> It has also been carefully designed to be an easy-to-use software
> tool for graphic arts, fine art, digital effects and digital movie
> making. But it's much, much more than that.

> Because MojoWorld is entirely procedural--creating virtually
> everything on the fly, rather than loading it from disk or getting
> it from an input device like a mouse or tablet--all MojoWorld
> images represent mathematical theorems proved inside your
> computer.

What i found particularly interresting was that they had a graphical
programming language for editing the functions for the
generation. And i must say that the interface looks at least
novel. I would have to try it out in detail to see if it is better
than the traditional set of operators.

Hans Henrik Stærfeldt   |    bombman at diku.dk    | work:  hhs at cbs.dtu.dk      |
Address:                |___  +45 40383492    __|__       +45 45252425     __|
DTU, Kemitorvet,        | Scientific programmer at Center for Biological     |
bygn 208, CBS.          |  Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark|