[MUD-Dev] Rogue-Like Mud?

Ron Moore humano at texas.net
Thu Feb 1 02:56:41 CET 2001

I have not visited ADOM but am rather addicted to Angband.  I am
wondering is if you replace the dungeon model with a randomly stocked
wilderness model (area level would correspond to distance_from_town or
zone number perhaps) and enable multi-player code and communication,
would this be a reasonable mud codebase?  Some of the mechanics are
delightful in their simplicity, it would be fun to add mob, obj, and
room (point?) progs and resource-product chains but keep the actual
gameplay straightforward and relatively faithful.

Ron