[MUD-Dev] brazil

Valerio Santinelli tanis at mediacom.it
Mon Feb 5 12:14:14 CET 2001

> > Well that pretty much clears things up for me.  In terms of the UO
> > emu community, it seems to be HUGE in countries like Brazil and
> > Italy, but that stands to reason if OSI (et al) is ignoring those
> > countries due tp the low number of users and crap internet access.
> > Maybe they should do a different business model there - like
> > billing by IP address or somesuch so that internet cafes pay them
> > the big bucks in order to run their games.
>
> I was under the impression that EA had already set up some servers
> in Italy for running UO and other EA games in Europe.  Certainly
> when I was at Bullfrog our network guys were frequently going out
> there to install and fix the servers.

I checked out around the gaming news sites and I found out that there
actually are two Ultima Online shards in Europe (Europa and Drachenfels) but
I couldn't find where they're physically located. What's strange is that I
couldn't find any detail about them on the official UO site.

--
Valerio Santinelli
HateSeed.com Founder