[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

Kerem HADIMLI waster at iname.com
Tue Feb 6 17:08:51 CET 2001

the_logos at www.achaea.com wrote:

> I also have to say that ascii graphics are most certainly not what a
> graphical mud should be. I, personally, want the best graphics
> possible. To me, ascii-graphical adventures are completely dead
> (well, not just to me). There's still room for text-based muds and
> maybe even other types of text-based games, but why try to use ascii
> graphics as the core of a game when you can use 3-d or even 2-d
> graphics that will look much nicer.

Well, maybe because ASCII graphics don't kill imagination, but still
provides information to the player on where he's on the area, where
others are, etc?  You know, normal graphics kill imagination of the
player, they imagine what they see, but in ASCII graphics, they just
have a guide in imagining, not a poor imagination itself.

Regards,
Kerem HADIMLI
--
If it happens once, it's a bug.