[MUD-Dev] brazil

Koster Koster
Sat Feb 10 19:46:07 CET 2001

Shard. Actually, it's probably well more than that by now, since they've
added machines to support additional landmass. It's actually a limit per
process, and processes are dependent on machines in the cluster. So that was
2500 back when it was just the original 4km x 4km map... You could have
thrown more machines at the cluster and supported more but there wasn't
enough content mapwise to have that make sense...

> I'm trying to get some statistics from the biggest shards here in
> Italy. The most active at the moment seems to be one of those hosted
> on NGI who has got around 200 online users at every hour.  I'll let
> you know when I get more details.

No point, I don't work there anymore. :) I am sure that EA is well-informed
on the potential market size in Italy...

-Raph